Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A mother's Nightmare

Exactly 1 week ago from today my nightmare came true my baby was hit by a car ...... i fear its all my fault it was the first tiem i have not put his baby harnest on him when we went out and i couldnt get to him intime i truely wish it was I who got hit by the carinstead of my baby i really thought omg my baby

This is what happend on Tuesday December 9th 2008
at 11 am i went to pick up my daughter from school early due to we still had to move soemstuff over from our old house to our new home so i got her then i came back home and got my son Ryan ready and off to preschool . right aways i figured ok lets get going i had Gavin hes 2 yrs old and then Daniel who is 8 yrs old and then Kristyn who is 9 yrs old with me after talkign to my neibor i had told the kids to get into the truck well i forgot my keys in the house so i ran in to get them and i shut the door i noticed my Gavin was down at the bottom of my steps i told kristyn to get with him and with a split second i tured and my baby was in the street i ran as fast as i could to get to him and the faster i tried it was tooo late here came a car and hit my baby ..........

the car hit him right in the chest area his tiny body flew up in and bounced off the hood of her car and from the impact he flew spinnign in the air and bounced off the street ...... i freaked out i ran to him i just want to pick himup and run him into my house bt i rem from all my medical school that woudl have been the worse thing i could have done i screamed for help many times and there was no one arroudn i had to call 911 myself all i can rem is the guy on the other end of the phone tellign me i needed to calm down but i couldnt then some lady took the phone from me ...at this time my babys eyes were open but he wasnt moving there was blood coming from his mouth and his left ear and it looked as his leg was broken it was all mangled.......by this time there were sooo many people arround us i cant rem how many for sure but a lady took my oldest 2 off to the side to try to calm them doan and i think a man and another lady braught blankets to keep my baby warm... then an officer arrived at this tiem Gavin started Screaming sooo loud i wanted to hold him soo much in my arms but i couldnt .... then the EMS came everythign happened ooo sooo fast ........ they had to life flight Gavin to the # 1 trauma unit arround here Leigh Valley hospital in Allentown PA..well they got both gavin and i into the ambulance they cut off his clothing and started an IV line and O2 they took us right down the street to a church parkinglot there the helicopter was waiting thank god i was alloud to go with him i couldnt leave his side nor woudl i by the time we got to the helicopter my Gavin became very Lathargic and out of it we arrived at the Trauma hospital there was a team of drs and nurses waitign for us the wisked my baby in while i had to gown up before i can go into the truama room ... i got in there and omg they worked oo sooo fast they Xrayed him top to bottom..

thank the good lord there was no broken bones but Gavin had swellening in his head a fractured tooth and bruised chest from the impact of the hit also Gavin had a concusion att his tiem he wasw still out of it he wasnt crying no more they had to take Gavin for a CT scan ... Gavin was defently Admitted to the hospital ... we finally got up to his room on the peds unit after 6 pm or so i cant rem the time exactly ........ there he was slowing coming arround drinking soem water we tryed to get him to eat a lil bit but he woudlnt i gave him a sponge bath baths always helps him to sleep and sleep is the best thing forhim soo after his bath i read him a store and held him in my arms the first time i got to hold him since he was hit ...and he fell alseep in my arms .........
i felt horrible i coudlnt stay there at the hospitals with havign 3 other children that need me as well but i was sure there first thing int he morning .. as soon as i got there i was informed he wudl have to be stayign there again due to he tryed to stand up in the crib and he gotten dizzy and had fallen and hit his head again .. also it was also discovered that he has a spinal injury so one again off to another ct scan and more Xrays of his spine

gavin was soo much more alert and playing THANK GOD!


well i spent the whoel day by his side ... but i once aain had to leave i hate to leave my babys ........

on Thursday i was there bright and early and omg he was playing with the nurses and smiling and laughing his laughs ....... i jumped in and played with my baby then a team of drs and nurse came in and looked over him they said hes ok to go home i was liek really they said yes but we talked abotu what woudl need to be done soooo ever since that i have been back and forth to drs with him for his head injury and the swelling is starting to go down ... and hes more and more acting liek my Gavin ....

as far as his spine injury he was fitted for a back brace today and he has to wear that they said he should heal perfectly but its going to be a long process... Gavin is not alking liek he should but HE's Alive and thats whats important

by the way the lady who was driving claimed she was only goign 25mph but theofficer at the scene clocked her at 27mph in a 15 mile zone here are a few pics of my baby
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

Mommy Goggles said...

My prayers are with you! I had tears like I have never had. Many thoughts and many prayers with you and your family!